The name First Community Bank was born in the fall of 1996, as the vision of creating a bank which would reflect the heart of putting community, people and service first. On August 4, 1997, the vision of 153 local investors became a reality as First Community Bank opened its doors for business with the first location at 710 Saint Louis Street in Batesville, Arkansas.
With 14 employees and $3,452,300 million raised in capital, First Community bank set out on a journey to provide premier banking services, while putting community first.
Word began to spread and our assets began growing in record speed as customers put their trust in us and shared their incredible experience with friends and family. According to Mr. Cole, “We were opening accounts on folding tables even before all our furniture was delivered!” The response was unlike anything ever imagined.
The tremendous growth resulted in the need for additional locations. In March of 1999, First Community Bank opened a loan processing office in Searcy while waiting for branch approval. A new full-service Searcy banking office opened on June 29, 1999, located at 2307 W. Beebe Capps in Searcy. Rapid growth brought the opportunity to build a larger facility in west White County, and a third location opened in May of 2002.
This marked the beginning of our expansion story. We continued to add new locations – chapter by chapter. Here is a glimpse into the timeline of our growth:
• First Community Bank opens for business at 710 St. Louis Street
• Loan processing office in Searcy
• Grand Opening in Southside
• Grand Opening of two new facilities at West Beebe Capps Expressway and Race Street in Searcy
• Eagle Mountain branch opens for business
• Groundbreaking for headquarters at the corner of St. Louis and Harrison Streets
• Cave City branch opens for business
• Three new locations open - Bald Knob, Highland, and Cabot
• Mortgage loan office opens in Jonesboro
• First Community expands into Missouri opening branches in Goodman, Neosho, and Jane.
• Purchased a branch of Community First National Bank in Mountain Home
• Mountain Home branch opens for business
• Grand Opening of second full-service branch in Neosho
• Goodman branch opens to a new facility on Main Street
• Full-service branch in Jonesboro on Caraway Road opens
• Fourth Searcy branch opens on East Beebe Capps Expressway
• Bay branch opens for business
• Northeastern Arkansas regions headquarters opens on Southwest Drive in Jonesboro
• First Community acquires Lepanto branch
• New Little Rock branch at the corners of Kavanaugh and Cantrell opens
• Opens second location in Cabot on Prospect Court
• Newly renovated historic branch opens in Neosho downtown
• Ribbon cutting ceremony for new branch at East Main Street in historic downtown Batesville
• Newport branch opens for business
• Third branch in Jonesboro on East Washington opens
• Branch opens in Conway on Front Street
• Full service banking center opens in Harrison
• 28,809 sq. ft. operations center opens at headquarters in Batesville
• Groundbreaking for new Conway banking center