The Adventure First Travel Club of First Community Bank has released an ambitious calendar of monthly events through year-end 2022, highlighted by a European river cruise next spring, and an excursion next fall through the Colorado Rockies, including national parks, monuments and historic trains.
“We invite everyone to rediscover the joy of traveling with us, while we continue to do all we can to ensure the health and safety of our customers,” said Dale Cole, chairman and CEO of First Community Bank. “This Travel Club schedule provides opportunities to enjoy concerts, plays, museums and exhibits, and to again experience the natural beauty of our state, nation, and the world beyond.”
The first event is a preview presentation at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 5, for a springtime tulip river cruise through Holland and Belgium next April. The preview will be held in the Community Room at the downtown First Community Bank location at 301 E. Main Street, in Batesville.
Bank customers and guests are also invited to participate in a dozen other regional activities, including:
• Nov. 10 – Marlsgate Plantation Luncheon and Tour, Scott, Ark. – Step into the living history and legacy that began in 1850 with Marlsgate Plantation.
• Dec. 16 – Celtic Angels Christmas – University of Central Arkansas, Conway – Experience the magic of Christmas in an awe inspiring show of seasonal and Irish favorites.
• Jan. 25, 2022 – Designing Women – Arkansas Repertory Theatre – From the creators of the smash-hit television series comes a world-premiere comedy in a live stage performance.
• Feb. 15 – Hamilton – Robinson Performance Hall – Experience the legendary story of America’s founding fathers featuring a score of hip-hop, jazz and R&B.
• March 13 – A Tribute to the Queen of Soul – Arkansas Symphony Orchestra – A rocking program celebrating the career of Aretha Franklin!
• April 17-25 – Holland and Belgium Springtime River Cruise – Savor springtime in Europe with a cruise past blooming tulip fields, iconic windmills and picturesque scenery.
• May 7 – Cirque de la Symphonie – Arkansas Symphony Orchestra – Little Rock – The magic of cirque choreographed to classical and popular contemporary music.
• June 14-15 – Mount Magazine and Subiaco Abbey Tour – Take in the majesty of Arkansas’s highest point, and also tour Subiaco Abbey, which was founded in 1878.
• July 20-21 – Bentonville and Crystal Bridges Museum – Explore the post-Civil War era Peel Mansion, and the acclaimed Crystal Bridges and Frank Lloyd Wright house.
• August 16 – Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center – Visit the converted writing studio in a barn at Piggott where Ernest Hemingway wrote portions of “A Farewell to Arms.”
• September (Dates TBD) – The Colorado Rockies featuring National Parks and Historic Trains – Celebrate the Old West in the Rockies, at several national parks and on board historic trains.
• October 15 – Johnny Cash Heritage Festival – Dyess, Ark. – This popular annual event will return to live entertainment in 2022 in the small Mississippi County town.
• November 10 – Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts and Women’s Voices, Women’s Votes, Women’s Rights Exhibit – Little Rock.
• December 4 – Christmastime in Arkansas – Visit the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion and the Old State House, both decorated to their finest for the Christmas season.
Space is limited for all tours and events. For additional information about the Adventure First Travel Club or any of its trips, call First Community Bank at 870-612-3400 and ask for Chuck Jones.