January 03, 2023
Reservations are now being accepted for the Adventure First Travel Club’s tour next fall of the “Belles of the South” – Charleston, Savannah and Jekyll Island – three classic American destinations dripping with Spanish moss and steeped in history.
Authentic southern hospitality awaits Travel Club members who will visit coastal islands, historic plantations and beautiful cities during the seven-day trip, which is scheduled for September 22-28, 2023.
Interested travelers are invited to attend a preview presentation for the tour at 6 p.m. Tuesday, January 10, in the George Rider Room at the First Community Bank Main Bank at Harrison and St. Louis Streets in Batesville.
“Our guests who join us will experience the leisurely pace and charming allure of America’s southeast as they explore its cobblestone streets, stately mansions, quaint shops and lovely squares that typified the Old South,” said Dale Cole, chairman and CEO of First Community Bank.
Highlights of the tour include:
• Two nights each in the historic districts of Charleston and Savannah, and at the historic Jekyll Island Club Hotel, once the playground of the Rockefeller and Vanderbilt families
• Guided tour of Charleston, regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in America
• Touring and lunch at Boone Hall Plantation, one of America’s oldest working plantations
• Stop at Beaufort, known for its southern hospitality and historic homes
• Narrated tram tour of Jekyll Island, a Golden Isle rich with majestic oak trees, Spanish moss and palmetto
• Visit to St. Simons Island, the largest of the Golden Isles
• Guided trolley tour of Savannah, the city deemed “too beautiful to burn” during the Civil War
• Dinner at Mrs. Wilkes’ Boarding House, steeped in Savannah history
Learn more about the tour at the preview presentation on January 10. The cost is $3,629 per person, based on double occupancy. Single reservations are available for $4,749 per person. The price includes roundtrip airfare, all hotels, attractions, 11 meals during the tour, and motor coach transportation between between Batesville and the Little Rock Airport.
Space is limited, so secure your reservation now or at the preview party. For additional information on this tour or any of the Travel Club’s monthly activities, contact Chuck Jones at 870.612.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.